Translator (English to French)
Start date: June 2021, for up to 23 weeks
12 hours per week
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a translator to translate our marketing material, social media content and eventually our website to French. Reporting directly to Marketing & Communications Director, the Translator will be responsible for translating all types of documents from English to French and performing other related tasks as necessary. Preference will be given to a candidate with some familiarity with Jewish practice and a working knowledge of Hebrew.
Primary responsibilities of the translator will include:
- Translating documents from English to French
- Conducting the necessary research to establish consistent terminology and standardization (with a sub-focus on Jewish terms and vocabulary)
- Creating a strategy and timeline for complete website translation with a focus on SEO best practices
- Proofreading external documents to ensure language accuracy
- Compiling information, such as technical & Hebrew terms, used regularly to create guidelines and Best Practices manual
- Working with Temple’s professional team and laypeople to collaborate on existing and upcoming marketing and membership campaigns
- The successful candidate will possess: a) strong listening and communication skills; b) the ability to work independently and collaboratively; c) the ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
Language required: Bilingual
Video Transmission Operator / Video Content Specialist
This is a part-time position, up to a maximum of 12 hours per week. Services typically place on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. Compensation: $35/hour
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are seeking a motivated individual to assume the responsibilities of Video Transmission Operator and Video Content Creator/Editor on a part-time basis.
As Video Transmission Operator, this person will be responsible for the online broadcast of live events at Temple, primarily services, classes, and lectures. He/she will be responsible for initiating and monitoring live event encoding processes, managing video and audio inputs during live events, testing video sources prior to live events and testing archives after the live event concludes, and troubleshooting issues that may arise concerning equipment and/or connectivity.
This position requires:
• experience in live webcasting
• knowledge of video and audio software and equipment
• the ability to follow cues and be responsive to the flow of the live event
As Video Content Specialist, this person will be responsible for creating and editing digital content for online dissemination. The Video Content Specialist should be:
• skilled at graphic design and video editing, with a strong eye for visual aesthetics and brand
• a stickler when it comes to conventions of style and video best practices
• cognizant of narrative and contemporary visual design
• able to offload, upload, and label footage for posting and archival purposes
• a team player, a self-starter, always eager to learn and grow, with an eye for detail and fast, flawless execution